Happy Sunday Everyone!
It feels like ages since I last wrote a post. Since getting home from Cyrpus, I have started full-time work, and so for the last couple of weeks, I haven’t had a moment to sit and write for myself. I’m still getting used to the long days during the week, and coming home feeling far too tired to write anything, especially as my job involves writing on a computer all day. Hopefully, once I’ve settled into a routine, I will be back blogging more regularly; I enjoy this little space far too much to neglect it.
- Burt’s Bees lipsticks. I have always loved Burt’s Bees products, particularly their tinted lip balms, but recently I purchased two of their lipsticks in the shades Orchid Ocean and Seude Splash. I absolutely love these two colours; Orchid Ocean is a deep purple and perfect for this time of year. As with all of their lip products, their lipsticks are so soft and nourishing, I just really them love.
- Routine. Since leaving University earlier this year, one of the things I struggled with the most was the lack of routine. Now that I am working, I enjoy having a routine and I feel a hell of a lot more productive for it.
- Fiendish Fancies. French Fancies are my favourite all year round, and I love their seasonal ranges as well. As it is almost Halloween, of course, I have been munching my way through boxes of the little orange treats. They are so good with a cup of tea and I haven’t felt guilty at all.
- Halloween films. I’m not a fan of horror films, or anything gory. It’s not that I’m scared, I just think they are terribly made and the acting is always awful, apart from a few. Halloween, for me, is all about the children’s films such as Hocus Pocus, Corpse Bride, Coraline, The Addams Family, Casper and so on.
- Glitter nail polish. When else is it acceptable to wear orange glitter nail polish, other than this time of year? I have been wearing a selection of glitter polishes from Next as they are three for two, and the quality of them isn’t bad either.
- Pumpkin picking. Last weekend, I went to a pick your own pumpkin patch, after having wanted to visit one last year, and it was everything I expected it to be. I do intend to publish a post all about it but bear with me, I’m working on it.
- Stranger Things. It’s back! I’m only on episode three, but I can’t wait to see what happens this season. It’s the perfect series to watch in time for Halloween.
- Fitsteps. For anyone who has no clue what Fitsteps is, it’s a dance based workout class created by Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe from Strictly, and it is my favourite EVER gym class to attend. It is basically like Strictly, but without a partner, so you learn everything from the Cha cha cha, to the Pasodoble and so much more. My personal favourites are the American Smooth, the Viennese Waltz, and the Jive. If you love Strictly, you should definitely find a local class and give it a go. It is a workout that works, you just have to give it time.
- Asos cat bag. I ordered this adorable, velvet cat bag from Asos a few weeks ago and I have loved taking it out. It’s so cute and just the right size for an evening out with a velvet, black jumpsuit to match.
- Coming home in the evenings. Nothing beats coming home after a long day, throwing on my pyjamas and just putting my feet up for the rest of the evening. I have never appreciated the evenings as much as I do now. It’s just a shame they go so quick.
What has made you happy this week? I’d love to know!
Love Georgie ♥