And hello from Cyprus. Sorry to make you all jealous but I’m sitting here writing this, feet up by the pool with a calippo, sweating in the midday sun. But somebody is vacuuming , so it’s not that peaceful. To be fair to them, I vacuumed this morning so I can’t really complain.
This week has been so lovely and I feel so grateful to be on holiday, enjoying 10 days of sunshine before starting a new job when I return. It is exactly what I needed. I just can’t believe there are only two days left!
- Exploring Cyprus. My favourite thing to do when I’m away is to visit the tourist attractions and explore the country. I’m definitely not someone who can sit by a pool all day and never leave the apartment/hotel. I feel like I’m wasting time, and I get a serious case of FOMO. Givee me my camera, a backpack and a map and I’m as happiest as can be.
- Lounging by the pool. With the above being said, I don’t mind the ocassional lounge by the pool. As long as I’ve had a productive and eventful day the day before, taking it easy by the pool is very relaxing and well deserved. I am on holiday after all.
- Reading ‘The Rosie Project’. I had heard and read so many great reviews about this book that I have wanted to read it for ages. So, when I found a copy in a charity bookshop, I of course had to get it.
- Eating Al Fresco. Nothing beats sitting outside on a lovely warm day/evening to eat. I love that the restaurants abroad are so open, letting the outside in, and inside, out. And if it’s by water, even better!
- Wearing summer clothes again. It has been so nice throwing something on and not having to worry about getting cold. I don’t know if I’m quite ready to return home and start layering up again, even though I do miss my cosy dressing gown.
- Sun kissed skin. I don’t really tan. In fact, I haven’t even burnt myself either which is so unlike me. I’ll admit I have been slathering on the fake tan now and then because nobody wants to see my pasty legs. What I do love however, is that rosy, freckled glow you get. It actually looks like life has been restored in my body.
- Blue skies and sunshine. I’ll take blue skies and sunshine any day. Even in the winter when it’s cold and frosty, blue skies make everything better. Our first day here in Cyprus was cloudy and stormy, and involved swimming in torrential rain because you know, we were already wet anyway. The rest of the week has been beautiful and I’m trying to make the most of every minute of sun before winter begins.
- Fresh pitta bread. It is so much nicer over here. We have been buying warm, massive pitta’s from the supermarket and filling them with salad, tzatziki, olives and feta (and meat for the others). They are cheap, fill you up and taste great.
- Scenic views. On Tuesday, we hired beach buggies for the day to explore more of the island. I’ve never been on one before and even had a little drive of it myself. Although, I could barely reach the pedals, or the wheel. But, the views we saw were incredible and such a fun way to see Cyprus.
- Swimming in the blue lagoon. The cliff side journey in the beach buggies was so worth it upon reaching the Blue Lagoon. The water was the most beautiful shade of clear blue, and it was so still and perfect. It was also shallow, and the further you swam out, the rocks turned to soft sand. I’m not the most confident swimmer, especially in the sea, but the Blue Lagoon was too tranquil to resist.
What has made you happy this week? Leave a comment below!
Love Georgie ♥