Happy Friday Everyone!
Welcome to the first instalment of ‘The Little Things’ where I will be posting a list of 10 things that have made me happy over the past week. I always enjoy reading posts like these (because I’m quite nosy) so I thought I would start a series myself. As the weeks are flying by, making a note of some of the things that are making me happy is a lovely way to document the little moments of each week, and to one day remind myself of such simple pleasures.
- Autumn has arrived, and if you couldn’t already tell from my previous post here, I am so excited. I absolutely love this time of year as there is so much to look forward to.
- On Wednesday, I met up with friends from University for a little catch-up. We spent the day exploring Hatfield House, snapping shots of the gardens and getting lost in the fields. It was a wonderful way to spend a Wednesday and seemed only right to return to Hatfield once more; there really isn’t much else to do there.
- Great TV. I sound like such a couch potato mentioning TV on this list, but seriously, there are some great dramas on at the minute, particularly ‘Liar’ on ITV and ‘Doctor Foster’ on BBC1 which I can’t get enough of. AND ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ is back. My Saturdays are made.
- Maple Ice Wine Cream Cookies. Anthony brought them back as a gift from Canada and they were so delicious. I say ‘were’ because I’ve eaten them already. I’m sure that they were full of sugar, and all the bad stuff, but they were so moreish I didn’t care. I’m going to try and recreate them myself and if I’m successful, I will share the recipe on this blog of mine.
- Today I’m wearing my new jumpsuit. It’s cobalt blue and just, very me. I’ve been itching to wear it ever since I bought it, but I’ve been saving it for a special occasion. And that occasion is a Wedding. So that’s what I’m doing today.
- Lighting candles in the evening. I know, so typical, but nothing says cosy autumn evenings like burning a spiced pumpkin and chestnut candle.
- Woodland walks with Clover. Sunday was such a beautiful day I decided to take Clover for a long, country walk to get some much needed fresh air. Dressed for a chilly day, I did not expect it to be as hot as it was. Where is the cooler weather at?
- Planning for my holiday. A week tomorrow I will be jetting off for ten days of sunshine. As much as I am looking forward to cosy evenings and wearing lots of layers, I can’t deny that I’m also just as excited for summer dresses, tousled salty hair and Vitamin D. Autumn will just have to resume once I get back.
- Twinings Cherry Bakewell Green Tea. I always get carried away down the tea aisle; there’s just so many flavours to choose from, I want to try them all. The Cherry Bakewell flavour really does smell and (subtlely) taste like an actual Cherry Bakewell. What’s not to love.
- Taking the time to relax and enjoy myself over the next coming weeks. A few weeks ago I posted about my experience of being a recent graduate and the struggles of job hunting. Since then, I have accepted a job offer which I am due to start mid-October, and I couldn’t be more happy to start. For now, I’m enjoying these last few weeks of unemployed life.
What has made you happy this week? Or what are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?
Love Georgie ♥